Friday, June 22, 2012

Are you wrestling with God?



It breaks my heart to see so many people still resisting God.
He loves us. So much. All of us. Yes, even you.
I've been there. On the losing side of the war. I've resisted. I wrestled with all that I have. 
And when I gave up, guess what? I WON.....


                                                                     photo credit


I was you. The one who wanted things my way; the one who fought my way through arguments; the one who let my anger and temper take over; the one who wanted nothing to do with God.....


I was you. The one who hated someone more than anything;  the one who did something that seemed so unforgivable; the one who was always frustrated and never satisfied...
I battled hard. Suffered severe anxiety. Hit rock bottom only to find, it was the Rock I needed all along. 

2 Samuel 22:2
And he said: “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;


I finally threw in the towel and stopped fighting. I took a knee, surrendering my life to One who CAN and WILL and HAS forgiven me.  Even the unthinkable sins.

                                                                       photo credit
Now, there's no more anger. No more hurt. No more hatred. No more guilt. All the weight of the years of countless sins has been lifted. Peace. Comfort. Joy.... I can breathe.....

John 3:16

 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

That means everyone. Even YOU.
Stop resisting Him. Yield to His Spirit. Ask Him for forgiveness. Turn from your sin. Follow Him.
He is full of mercy, grace and love.  He is gentle, patient and so faithful. You will not feel defeated. You will feel victorious! The battle has already been won. Jesus became our sin and died on the cross, taking on the wrath of God so we won't have to.


Your sin does not define you. Your sin is not your identity. Your past is not who you are.  Let. It. Go.

Praying for every one of you reading this, that you will let go and give your life over to Christ.






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment